Welcome Back to the Real Wonderland!
Today I’m happy to say I’m starting a little series of posts about the brand W7. Some weeks ago I purchased their „Glam Box“ including three different palettes that I’m really happy with.
But now, let’s get right into the first one…
W7 Eyeshadow Palette „In The Buff“ (15.6g for ~6.50€ via Amazon)
This palette contains 12 different powder eyeshadow from nudes and beiges over glittery gold shadows to dark brown and black colors.
The packaging is light, elegant, out of beige-rosy metal and easy to transport – so perfect for traveling. The eyeshadows are in a black foam which does not look that elegant and the palette contains no mirror on the inside. (That’s probably where they saved the money)
Considering the brush – to be honest, I don’t use it… It is very hard and it’s not possible to blend or work in the color properly. I guess it’s not very useful for applying eyeshadow anyway.
Out of the 12 shades only three are matte and the rest is glittery and shimmering. I personally love that as I’m mostly using matte shades as a base, in the crease and then glitter shades to highlight my eyes.
- Buff – a matte, beige shadow with yellow undertones, perfect for blending/ as base
- Camel – a shimmering gold tone that’s perfect for highlighting
- Sand – a colder beige tone with some rosy parts in it (shimmering)
- Dust – a copper/bronze shadow, also with shimmer
- Chocolate – a matte, quite dark brown
- Topaz – a shimmering darker brown-bronze tone
- Earth – a more neutral/silver shimmering bronze tone
- Storm – a khaki tone with some shimmer
- Silk – a very light/silver based shimmering shadow with rosy highlights
- Wave – a slightly shimmering lighter brown and bronze tone
- Thunder – a darker brown with only slight shimmer (not very opaque)
- Onyx – a matte black (not very opaque)
The pigmentation is most of the times almost opaque, as you’ll see in the swatches down below, some colors tend to have a bit fall-out and aren’t as pigmented as they look in the palette. Still, when applying they all are creamy and silky. With an eyeshadow base, the colors also look brighter and stay on longer. Especially for the colors Thunder and Onyx I’d recommend to use a wet brush to apply the color and the pay-out is great.
I have to admit, I love this palette! The colors are great and always useful and it’s such a good value for money. And a little hint – this palette is an excellent dupe for the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay!
I hope you found this review helpful… Now I wanna know something from you: Did you try other palettes from W7? How’d you like these? If you want to know more about the Glam Box, don’t forget to come back to the Real Wonderland!
Have a nice evening and don’t forget to check out my Instagram Account!