Last week I was invited to the wedding of my boyfriend’s cousin. I’m a huge fan of weddings, the atmosphere, the emotions and especially the cake, hahaha…
But one of my struggles: What should I wear?
Here is an inspiration for a wedding outfit and some tips for you as a future guest.
I searched quite a long time for „the perfect dress“ and I finally found one from Chi Chi London. It has a small petticoat under the skirt and is very tight at the top with a floral print.
I combined the dress with my Swarovski jewelry, just a bracelet and some earrings, not too much because I thought the dress speaks for itself. If you are curious about it, it was the Stardust Deluxe Set which was a Christmas Present.
My shoes were quite basic so to say so that they don’t distract from that gorgeous dress. I wore Tamaris T-Strap Pumps in beige.
If you’re interested in my Make-Up and the new Chanel nail lacquer, let me know in the comments 😉
And now, ten tips for you as a wedding guest!
- Always bring a tissue! It might be emotional!
- And don’t forget to set your make-up with a setting spray to avoid any smudge (especially in summer).
- Have two pairs of shoes with you, high heels and flats for the dance floor.
- Don’t steel the bride’s show! I always love wearing white or cream dresses but you don’t wanna look like the second bride! So, chose a different one, it’s the brides most important day.
- Try not to complain: Even if the food is not your favorite food, the DJ is horrible or the cake is not what you wanted it to be: The bride and groom decided for their wedding, not yours.
- Be prepared for everything! Compeed blisters, deodorant, your basic make-up to refresh, a brush, mints… It’ll be a long day!
- Switch your phone off during the ceremony! No call is as important as the couple.
- And also don’t post embarrassing Facebook/Instagram photos of the married couple, even if you look good in them.
- Dance and have fun! Nobody likes a boring guest, sitting on his seat the whole evening.
- Most importantly: Thank the couple for the invitation and the amazing evening when you leave!
Hope you enjoyed my article! Please comment if you missed anything and have a nice weekend!
PS: If you like follow me on Instagram for some nice pictures and updates on new blogposts! I just started the site so more pictures will follow 😉